STOTT PILATES® established a Continuing Education Credit (CEC) program to help instructors stay up to date, and to offer fitness professionals an opportunity to learn more about the STOTT PILATES® method. Staying current not only keeps you certified, it maintains the credibility of STOTT PILATES® certification and helps you be the best instructor you can be. By helping us maintain our high standards, you are reinforcing your own good reputation.
If you are STOTT PILATES® certified and you want to become a specialist: START HERE
Focus your education and acquire new clients
Set yourself apart by becoming a STOTT PILATES® Specialist in the field of your choice. Choose any of our eight Specialty Tracks, complete the required workshops and gain access to a whole new client-base. There is no time-limit on completing the components and you earn CECs at the same time!
Benefits of Becoming a Specialist
- Focus your training in the field of your choice
- Develop specialty programming for your clientele
- Service special populations in your community
- Receive cueing tips for specialty customers
- Learn modifications to address individual requirements
- Discover the specific needs of unique groups
- Explore how market segments differ from one another
- Address the anatomy and biomechanical necessities in each case
- Filter through the hundreds of workshop opportunities
- Streamline continuing education
Requirements for Becoming a Specialist
- All workshops included in the STOTT PILATES® Specialty Tracks are open to any individual regardless of whether they have completed any training or certification in the STOTT PILATES® method.
- A current STOTT PILATES® certification at any level is required in order to be recognized as a “Specialist” in any track. A completion letter for each workshop will be issued, however, the “Specialist” designation will not be granted if no certification is held.
- A total of eight workshops within each trackmust be attended and completed to receive the “Specialist” designation.
- There is no time limit to complete the required number of workshops; however, the individual must hold a current certification at the time of completion in order to receive the designation.
- Any individual wishing to receive recognitionas a STOTT PILATES® "Specialist" in any track must complete a Request Form (https://www.merrithew.com/education/SpecialtyTracks/speciality-track-form) and email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 416-482-2742. If we are unable to verify that the required number of workshops has been taken, the applicant must submit documentation to support their request.
Complete the Specialty Tracks
Designation Request Form > (https://www.merrithew.com/education/SpecialtyTracks/speciality-track-form)
- STOTT PILATES® will accept any workshops taken after January 1, 2007 as part of the requirement for Specialist recognition.
- Any workshops taken prior to an individual becoming certified with STOTT PILATES® will be considered for "Specialist" designation, however, status will not be granted until certification is achieved.
- If an individual completes all workshop requirements in any one track, but does not hold a valid certification (i.e. yearly CECs have not been maintained), "Specialist" recognition will be granted only when certification is returned to good standing.
- STOTT PILATES® reserves the right to rejectany request for "Specialist" status.
- If an instructor attends one workshop that appears in more than one Specialty Track, it will be counted toward completion of both tracks.
STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructors are required to obtain six hours (0.6 credits) of Merrithew Health & Fitness Continuing Education Credits annually to maintain their certification.
For more detailed information, about the CEC program and requirements, including how to get an extension when necessary follow this link: http://www.merrithew.com/instructor-training/cont-ed/additional-resources/FAQ
For more information about courses and workshops offered by our international guest instructors, follow this link: /teacher-training/international-guest-instructors-2017/
To speak to our training coordinator about enrolling in CECs, please email Jessica Prentice at email@example.com or call/text (248) 723-1300
|5/18/17||Matwork for golf, level 2||3:00pm-5:00pm||Eva Powers||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|4/28/18||Focus & Conditioning for Golf with Toning Balls||1:00pm-3:00-pm||Gayle Eubanks||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|5/5/18||Twist Ball Workout||1:00pm-3:00pm||Eva Powers||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|7/26/18||Focus & Conditioning for Golf with Toning BallsTM||3:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Gayle Eubanks Senior||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|8/11/18||Essential Matwork with a Fascial Focus||10:00 am - 12:00 pm||Holly Furgason||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|8/11/18||Client Centered Cueing Workshop||12:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Holly Furgason||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|8/11/18||Athletic Conditioning on the Arc Barrel||2:30 pm - 4:30 pm||Holly Furgason||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|8/12/18||Athletic Conditioning on the V2 Max Plus Reformer, Level 1||9:30 am - 10:30 am||Holly Furgason||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|8/12/18||Stability Chair Flow Workout||11:30 am - 1:30 pm||Holly Furgason||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|8/23/18||Focus & Conditioning for Golf on the Mat||3:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Jenn Montie||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|9/8/18||WORKSHOP Postural Analysis Review||11:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Amy Slowik||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|9/20/18||Bodyweight Training Workshop||3:00 pm - 5:00 pm||Amy Slowik||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|10/13/18||Intro to Fascial Movement Workshop||12:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Eva Powers||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|10/13/18||Intermediate Reformer on the V2 Max PlusTM||2:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Eva Powers||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|10/13/18||Studio Circuit Training Workshop||4:30 pm - 6:30 pm||Eva Powers||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
Stability with mobility and explosive power are key elements of a great golf swing, but how can off-course training help? A targeted dynamic warm-up followed by specific conditioning exercises, can significantly improve golf performance and increase club head speed. Another new addition to the Merrithew™ Athletic Conditioning Track, this golf-specific workshop features a warm-up that incorporates weighted Toning Balls providing added resistance, neuromuscular challenge and range of motion movements. These prepare the body physically, while directed breathing cues help encourage mindfulness, focus and awareness. The strengthening program that follows brings these elements together and facilitates increased quality of movement, providing the optimal balance of mobility and stability, crucial components in improved performance.
- Learn a dynamic golf-specific warm up using Toning Balls.
- Learn how breath and focus can create a better golf swing.
- Discover how to use Mat-based STOTT PILATES® exercises with Toning BallsTM to gain overall body conditioning and injury prevention.
- Experience exercises that focus on strength, stability, range of motion and control.
This workshop provides instructors tools to incorporate new fascial research concepts within the body of the STOTT PILATES Essential Matwork repertoire. Following the Essential Matwork order, participants explore how exercise essences can be enhanced with new fascial research concepts, inspiring a new movement experience. Created by the experts at Merrithew™, discover seamless movement flowing exercise sequences that take the body through multiple planes of movement. This workshop will spark creativity in programming and allow participants to tap into their innate body wisdom to find alternate variations that best suit their movement potential on any given day.
- Review the essence of selected STOTT PILATES Essential Matwork exercises.
- Discuss current concepts in fascial research and their application to STOTT PILATES Matwork exercises.
- Experience movement sequences that target the neuromyofascial system.
- Discuss how exercises can be altered to access movement potential.
This workshop involves both content and presentation. It’s a careful examination of how to help a client accomplish their goal. Emphasis is on development of client-centered cueing, alignment of content to client’s goal, converting first-timer to long-term commitment, and continued client engagement. It’s a workshop designed for teachers already working in a studio who wish to increase their client base and effectiveness as a teacher.
However, it also serves as a refresher for programming, upgrading teaching skills, and provides teachers with a general guideline for quality teaching and client engagement.
This is a 2-hour lecture/lab workshop in which topics are presented by the Instructor Trainer, best practices are demonstrated, and time is allowed for student practice. Students are asked to model best practices as others critique their practice. The workshop is interactive and assumes students have a certified instructor level of knowledge.
- To introduce teachers to the concept of being client-centered;
- To demonstrate how to convert a client’s perceived problems into a plan for continuing;
- To review fundamentals of a good first session;
- To practice developing a plan and program for a specific client.
The Arc Barrel has traditionally been used solely for Pilates training. Now, explore how to utilize the cushioned and curved surface of the barrel to facilitate a unique series of stretching and strengthening moves that fit perfectly into any conditioning routine. An excellent cross-training tool, the Arc Barrel can be used to support the torso or the limbs and allow focus on isolating precise movements in individual joints. Then combine and incorporate all of them into an efficient and effective full-body workout. With this workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, discover how to position the Barrel in a variety of ways to mobilize and strengthen joint structures as well as to increase stability at the core.
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles to exercises on the Arc Barrel.
- Discover how altering starting position and base of support can increase exercise intensity.
- Learn how both large and small muscle groups can be challenged.
- Learn new and innovative ways to incorporate the barrel in any mat workout.
Serious athletes – whether professional or amateur – benefit greatly from performance enhancement training. This high-caliber introductory workout, developed by the Merrithew™ team, is designed for instructors and trainers working with very fit and accomplished athletes. Using the STOTT PILATES® V2 Max Plus™ Reformer – an all-in one machine that combines the functionality of the Professional Reformer with the key features and benefits of the Cadillac, experience the virtually endless programming options this piece allows. Always initiating from the core, learn how this complete body workout retrains muscles that may have become unbalanced and take clients to a new level of strength and agility.
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles to specific exercises on the V2 Max Plus Reformer.
- Learn specific exercises designed for athletic conditioning.
- Understand how these exercises challenge strength, stability and coordination.
- Learn cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
Breathe new life into your chair workouts by involving the spring resistance of the Split-Pedal Stability Chair with flowing choreography that encompasses the entire body. In this innovative workshop developed by the programming team at Merrithew™, learn how to fully mobilize the spine, hips and shoulders while integrating fascial awareness. Progressive sequences incorporate full flexion, extension and spiral movements that help unleash tensions and muscular restrictions. Enjoy the benefits of this invigorating workout that will revitalize body and soul.
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES to exercises on the Stability Chair.
- Understand how to use spring resistance to exercises done in a variety of positions.
- Learn movement sequences to strengthen and mobilize the whole body with focus and control.
- Discover unique applications of the Stability Chair to support and stabilize the torso in a more fluid workout.
This spirited workshop, one of the latest offerings in the Merrithew™ Athletic Conditioning Track, includes a dynamic warm up designed specifically to prepare the mind and body for golf. It can be used for warming up on the range or at home before heading out to the course. Both the warm up and the mat-based workout that follows, prepare the body physically and neuro-muscularly to take on the challenges of the sport and improve performance while avoiding injury. Ideal for off-season training, this program helps maintain physical conditioning when time on the course decreases. The specific exercises chosen build on the dynamic movements in the warm up, increasing the essential body awareness needed to increase mobility with stability and strength imperative for a successful golf game.
Can using only bodyweight can create an effective workout for any level client? Absolutely! Explore a workout that takes you through a series of standing exercises designed to strengthen and tone from the ground up. No additional props or external resistance are needed in this creative full-body training session that targets muscular strength and endurance, balance and control. Exercise variations are included to increase or decrease challenge and intensity as well as discussions of cueing and motivating techniques.
- Explore how standing exercises can challenge the whole body.
- Apply the Five Basic Principles of STOTT PILATES® to a workout using body weight.
- Discuss exercise variations to increase or decrease intensity
- Discover cuing and motivational techniques for every participa
This hands-on workshop, developed by the Merrithew Health and Fitness™ team, outlines the importance of postural analysis in programming STOTT PILATES® workouts. Discuss the differences between static and dynamic posture and consider how each affects exercise choices and modifications necessary. Review postural theory relating to the effect of certain postures on muscle length and strength and actively practice postural analysis.