STOTT PILATES® established a Continuing Education Credit (CEC) program to help instructors stay up to date, and to offer fitness professionals an opportunity to learn more about the STOTT PILATES® method. Staying current not only keeps you certified, it maintains the credibility of STOTT PILATES® certification and helps you be the best instructor you can be. By helping us maintain our high standards, you are reinforcing your own good reputation.
If you are STOTT PILATES® certified and you want to become a specialist: START HERE
Focus your education and acquire new clients
Set yourself apart by becoming a STOTT PILATES® Specialist in the field of your choice. Choose any of our eight Specialty Tracks, complete the required workshops and gain access to a whole new client-base. There is no time-limit on completing the components and you earn CECs at the same time!
Benefits of Becoming a Specialist
- Focus your training in the field of your choice
- Develop specialty programming for your clientele
- Service special populations in your community
- Receive cueing tips for specialty customers
- Learn modifications to address individual requirements
- Discover the specific needs of unique groups
- Explore how market segments differ from one another
- Address the anatomy and biomechanical necessities in each case
- Filter through the hundreds of workshop opportunities
- Streamline continuing education
Requirements for Becoming a Specialist
- All workshops included in the STOTT PILATES® Specialty Tracks are open to any individual regardless of whether they have completed any training or certification in the STOTT PILATES® method.
- A current STOTT PILATES® certification at any level is required in order to be recognized as a “Specialist” in any track. A completion letter for each workshop will be issued, however, the “Specialist” designation will not be granted if no certification is held.
- A total of eight workshops within each trackmust be attended and completed to receive the “Specialist” designation.
- There is no time limit to complete the required number of workshops; however, the individual must hold a current certification at the time of completion in order to receive the designation.
- Any individual wishing to receive recognitionas a STOTT PILATES® "Specialist" in any track must complete a Request Form (https://www.merrithew.com/education/SpecialtyTracks/speciality-track-form) and email [email protected] or fax to 416-482-2742. If we are unable to verify that the required number of workshops has been taken, the applicant must submit documentation to support their request.
Complete the Specialty Tracks
Designation Request Form > (https://www.merrithew.com/education/SpecialtyTracks/speciality-track-form)
- STOTT PILATES® will accept any workshops taken after January 1, 2007 as part of the requirement for Specialist recognition.
- Any workshops taken prior to an individual becoming certified with STOTT PILATES® will be considered for "Specialist" designation, however, status will not be granted until certification is achieved.
- If an individual completes all workshop requirements in any one track, but does not hold a valid certification (i.e. yearly CECs have not been maintained), "Specialist" recognition will be granted only when certification is returned to good standing.
- STOTT PILATES® reserves the right to rejectany request for "Specialist" status.
- If an instructor attends one workshop that appears in more than one Specialty Track, it will be counted toward completion of both tracks.
STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructors are required to obtain six hours (0.6 credits) of Merrithew Health & Fitness Continuing Education Credits annually to maintain their certification.
For more detailed information, about the CEC program and requirements, including how to get an extension when necessary follow this link: http://www.merrithew.com/instructor-training/cont-ed/additional-resources/FAQ
For more information about courses and workshops offered by our international guest instructors, follow this link: https://www.equilibriumstudio.com/teacher-training/international-guest-instructors-2017/
To speak to our training coordinator about enrolling in CECs, please email Andrea Schins at [email protected] or call/text (248) 723-1300
|5/18/2017||Matwork for golf, level 2||3:00pm-5:00pm||Eva Powers||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|6/10/2017||Total Barre™ Endurance 1||12noon-4pm||Holly Furgason||$250||0.4||Enroll here!|
|6/10/2017||Total Barre™ modified for pre and post natal||4:30pm-6:30pm||Holly Furgason||$125||0.2||Enroll here!|
|6/11/2017||Bodyweight training||10am-12noon||Holly Furgason||$100||0.2||Enroll here!|
|6/11/2017||Matwork flow with ankle tubing||12noon-2pm||Holly Furgason||$100||0.2||Enroll here!|
|6/11/2017||Athletic Conditioning with the fitness circle||2:30pm-4:30pm||Holly Furgason||$100||0.2||Enroll here!|
|6/22/2017||Athletic Conditioning on the stability chair, level 1||3pm-5pm||Gayle Eubanks||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|7/27/2017||Athletic Conditioning on the Reformer, level 1||3pm-5pm||Gayle Eubanks||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|8/24/2017||Prenatal Pilates on the Mat||3pm-5pm||Eva Powers||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|9/14/2017||Jumpboard Strength and Conditioning||3pm-5pm||Gayle Eubanks||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|11/2/17 and 11/9/17||Functional Anatomy Review||6pm-9pm||Amy Slowik||$200||0.6||Enroll here!|
|11/12/17||Postural Analysis Review||9:00am-12:00noon||Gayle Eubanks||$150||0.3||Enroll here!|
A movement as complex as a golf swing requires focus, strength, flexibility, balance, and power from the ground up. In this interactive level-2 workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, learn how to use these specially designed intense Matwork exercises to help clients sharpen all of those areas. Focus on isolating key physical components that aid in increasing club head speed to send the ball further down the fairway and get that extra advantage on the green.
This hands-on workshop, developed by the MERRITHEW™ team, outlines the importance of postural analysis in programming STOTT PILATES® workouts. Discuss the differences between static and dynamic posture and consider how each affects exercise choices and modifications necessary. Review postural theory relating to the effect of certain postures on muscle length and strength and actively practice postural analysis.
This high-energy four-hour workshop, developed by the MERRITHEW™ team, is a great opportunity for Instructors looking to bring music-inspired movement to their clients. Following the class template used in the Total Barre™ Foundation Course and with the same level of intensity, Instructors learn unique choreography to create a biomechanically well-balanced and fun Barre program. Incorporating light props such as the Flex-Band®, Mini Stability Ball™ and Toning Balls™ gives Instructors more flexibility for their clients in an hour-long, endurance-focused class.
A recommended play list of music is provided, as well as suggested beats per minute for each segment, so you can build on this and select your own music to create theme-based classes (i.e. Disco, Acid Jazz, Reggae, and Salsa etc).
Expectant and new mothers alike will reap the myriad benefits of exercising with music in this unique Total Barre™ program. Not only will this workout keep new moms and moms-to-be moving, but the plus of moving to music will help tackle self-image issues, reduce stress, combat postural and muscle imbalances, and increase social interaction. Created by the programming brains at MERRITHEW™, the Total Barre™ template is used as the guideline in an appropriate workout for this very special population. Every move is designed to increase flexibility, balance, joint stability and pelvic floor activation all while boosting moods and lifting spirits.
Can using only bodyweight can create an effective workout for any level client? Absolutely! Explore a workout that takes you through a series of standing exercises designed to strengthen and tone from the ground up. No additional props or external resistance are needed in this creative full-body training session that targets muscular strength and endurance, balance and control. Exercise variations are included to increase or decrease challenge and intensity as well as discussions of cueing and motivating techniques.
Designed to enhance body awareness, muscular strength, motor control and joint mobility, this workshop takes a fresh look at fascia oriented training through STOTT PILATES® Matwork Flow exercises using ankle tubing. Developed by the movement experts at MERRITHEW™, learn how to creatively incorporate elastic resistance into a series of Essential and Intermediate exercises. The seamless flowing sequences take you through all movement planes from standing - down to the mat while exercise variations allow for easy progression or regression, making the workout suitable for most fitness levels.
The Fitness Circle® resistance ring lives up to its name by providing peripheral resistance to a fitness-based workout. Developed by the MERRITHEW™ team, this workshop teaches unique sequences and interesting combinations which are further augmented with the sprung-steel ring. Focusing on stabilization of the shoulders, hips and core, these moves can be added into any personal training or group fitness setting to bring increased intensity and muscle-specific training. Learn how this simple tool can help you achieve dramatic results when used in a variety of applications.
The Stability Chair™ can be an ultra-effective, compact piece of equipment for specially designed athletic conditioning workouts. Learn a variety of exercises that can benefit any level of athlete by retraining imbalanced muscles and building on the strength and agility of the whole body. This well-rounded workout, developed by the Merrithew™ team, provides functional movements against spring resistance in a variety of positions that train core stability while working bilaterally, unilaterally or reciprocally with the limbs to enhance sport-specific performance or everyday life.
Learn to take your clients’ game to the next level in this sports conditioning workshop, developed by the Merrithew™team. Improve strength, power and agility through new variations of familiar exercises that challenge unilateral movement, weight transference and core stability. This workshop has a special focus on the core, arms, legs, shoulders and hips as well as rotation. Learn a format on the Reformer perfect for your sports enthusiast clients and athletes of all levels.
This interactive seminar, developed by the Merrithew™ team, draws upon the most current medical information, exercise guidelines and research available on pregnancy and movement. Appropriate STOTT PILATES® Matwork exercise adaptations are explored and programming concepts for teaching small groups and private clients are discussed. Anatomical and physiological changes, risk factors and movement considerations are also discussed with an eye to providing a safe and effective workout throughout all trimesters and provide strategies for building new pre-natal programs as well as enhancing those already in progress.
Learn programming to improve the strength and stability of hip, knee and ankle joints in both supine and standing positions in this workshop developed by the Merrithew™ team. The use of a Jumpboard with the Reformer allows the hip joint to be closer to an anatomically neutral alignment when transferring forces from the soles of the feet up through the body, promoting good biomechanics of the entire lower kinetic chain. Increased spring resistance emphasizes strengthening of the arms, shoulder girdle and legs.