STOTT PILATES® established a Continuing Education Credit (CEC) program to help instructors stay up to date, and to offer fitness professionals an opportunity to learn more about the STOTT PILATES® method. Staying current not only keeps you certified, it maintains the credibility of STOTT PILATES® certification and helps you be the best instructor you can be. By helping us maintain our high standards, you are reinforcing your own good reputation.
If you are STOTT PILATES® certified and you want to become a specialist: START HERE
Focus your education and acquire new clients
Set yourself apart by becoming a STOTT PILATES® Specialist in the field of your choice. Choose any of our eight Specialty Tracks, complete the required workshops and gain access to a whole new client-base. There is no time-limit on completing the components and you earn CECs at the same time!
Benefits of Becoming a Specialist
- Focus your training in the field of your choice
- Develop specialty programming for your clientele
- Service special populations in your community
- Receive cueing tips for specialty customers
- Learn modifications to address individual requirements
- Discover the specific needs of unique groups
- Explore how market segments differ from one another
- Address the anatomy and biomechanical necessities in each case
- Filter through the hundreds of workshop opportunities
- Streamline continuing education
Requirements for Becoming a Specialist
- All workshops included in the STOTT PILATES® Specialty Tracks are open to any individual regardless of whether they have completed any training or certification in the STOTT PILATES® method.
- A current STOTT PILATES® certification at any level is required in order to be recognized as a “Specialist” in any track. A completion letter for each workshop will be issued, however, the “Specialist” designation will not be granted if no certification is held.
- A total of eight workshops within each trackmust be attended and completed to receive the “Specialist” designation.
- There is no time limit to complete the required number of workshops; however, the individual must hold a current certification at the time of completion in order to receive the designation.
- Any individual wishing to receive recognitionas a STOTT PILATES® "Specialist" in any track must complete a Request Form (https://www.merrithew.com/education/SpecialtyTracks/speciality-track-form) and email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 416-482-2742. If we are unable to verify that the required number of workshops has been taken, the applicant must submit documentation to support their request.
Complete the Specialty Tracks
Designation Request Form > (https://www.merrithew.com/education/SpecialtyTracks/speciality-track-form)
- STOTT PILATES® will accept any workshops taken after January 1, 2007 as part of the requirement for Specialist recognition.
- Any workshops taken prior to an individual becoming certified with STOTT PILATES® will be considered for "Specialist" designation, however, status will not be granted until certification is achieved.
- If an individual completes all workshop requirements in any one track, but does not hold a valid certification (i.e. yearly CECs have not been maintained), "Specialist" recognition will be granted only when certification is returned to good standing.
- STOTT PILATES® reserves the right to rejectany request for "Specialist" status.
- If an instructor attends one workshop that appears in more than one Specialty Track, it will be counted toward completion of both tracks.
STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructors are required to obtain six hours (0.6 credits) of Merrithew Health & Fitness Continuing Education Credits annually to maintain their certification.
For more detailed information, about the CEC program and requirements, including how to get an extension when necessary follow this link: http://www.merrithew.com/instructor-training/cont-ed/additional-resources/FAQ
For more information about courses and workshops offered by our international guest instructors, follow this link: /teacher-training/international-guest-instructors-2017/
To speak to our training coordinator about enrolling in CECs, please email Heather Babbie at email@example.com or call/text (248) 723-1300
|5/18/17||Matwork for golf, level 2||3:00pm-5:00pm||Eva Powers||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|4/28/18||Focus & Conditioning for Golf with Toning Balls||1:00pm-3:00-pm||Gayle Eubanks||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|5/5/18||Twist Ball Workout||1:00pm-3:00pm||Eva Powers||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|5/20/18||Postural Analysis||12:00pm-3:00pm||Amy Slowick||$150||0.2||Enroll here!|
|6/7/18 & 6/14/18||Anatomy Workshop||6.00pm-9.00pm||Amy Slowick||$200||0.6||Enroll here!|
This hands-on workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, outlines the importance of postural analysis in programming STOTT PILATES® workouts. Discuss the differences between static and dynamic posture and consider how each affects exercise choices and modifications necessary. Review postural theory relating to the effect of certain postures on muscle length and strength and actively practice postural analysis.
The 6-hour Anatomy Workshop is valuable to take as part of the review process in anticipation of taking your certification exam. It can also be taken to earn your 6 CEC’s.