STOTT PILATES® established a Continuing Education Credit (CEC) program to help instructors stay up to date, and to offer fitness professionals an opportunity to learn more about the STOTT PILATES® method. Staying current not only keeps you certified, it maintains the credibility of STOTT PILATES® certification and helps you be the best instructor you can be. By helping us maintain our high standards, you are reinforcing your own good reputation.
If you are STOTT PILATES® certified and you want to become a specialist: START HERE
Focus your education and acquire new clients
Set yourself apart by becoming a STOTT PILATES® Specialist in the field of your choice. Choose any of our eight Specialty Tracks, complete the required workshops and gain access to a whole new client-base. There is no time-limit on completing the components and you earn CECs at the same time!
Benefits of Becoming a Specialist
- Focus your training in the field of your choice
- Develop specialty programming for your clientele
- Service special populations in your community
- Receive cueing tips for specialty customers
- Learn modifications to address individual requirements
- Discover the specific needs of unique groups
- Explore how market segments differ from one another
- Address the anatomy and biomechanical necessities in each case
- Filter through the hundreds of workshop opportunities
- Streamline continuing education
Requirements for Becoming a Specialist
- All workshops included in the STOTT PILATES® Specialty Tracks are open to any individual regardless of whether they have completed any training or certification in the STOTT PILATES® method.
- A current STOTT PILATES® certification at any level is required in order to be recognized as a “Specialist” in any track. A completion letter for each workshop will be issued, however, the “Specialist” designation will not be granted if no certification is held.
- A total of eight workshops within each trackmust be attended and completed to receive the “Specialist” designation.
- There is no time limit to complete the required number of workshops; however, the individual must hold a current certification at the time of completion in order to receive the designation.
- Any individual wishing to receive recognitionas a STOTT PILATES® "Specialist" in any track must complete a Request Form (https://www.merrithew.com/education/SpecialtyTracks/speciality-track-form) and email email@example.com or fax to 416-482-2742. If we are unable to verify that the required number of workshops has been taken, the applicant must submit documentation to support their request.
Complete the Specialty Tracks
Designation Request Form > (https://www.merrithew.com/education/SpecialtyTracks/speciality-track-form)
- STOTT PILATES® will accept any workshops taken after January 1, 2007 as part of the requirement for Specialist recognition.
- Any workshops taken prior to an individual becoming certified with STOTT PILATES® will be considered for "Specialist" designation, however, status will not be granted until certification is achieved.
- If an individual completes all workshop requirements in any one track, but does not hold a valid certification (i.e. yearly CECs have not been maintained), "Specialist" recognition will be granted only when certification is returned to good standing.
- STOTT PILATES® reserves the right to rejectany request for "Specialist" status.
- If an instructor attends one workshop that appears in more than one Specialty Track, it will be counted toward completion of both tracks.
STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructors are required to obtain six hours (0.6 credits) of Merrithew Health & Fitness Continuing Education Credits annually to maintain their certification.
For more detailed information, about the CEC program and requirements, including how to get an extension when necessary follow this link: http://www.merrithew.com/instructor-training/cont-ed/additional-resources/FAQ
For more information about courses and workshops offered by our international guest instructors, follow this link: /teacher-training/international-guest-instructors-2017/
To speak to our training coordinator about enrolling in CECs, please email Heather Babbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (248) 723-1300
|5/18/2017||Matwork for golf, level 2||3:00pm-5:00pm||Eva Powers||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|12/10/17||Matwork Flow w/ Ankle Tubing||10:00am-12:00pm||Jenn Montie||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|12/10/17||Pilates w/ Medicine Ball||12:00pm-2:00pm||Jenn Montie||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|12/10/17||Pilates Matwork For Men||2:30pm-4:30pm||Jenn Montie||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|12/17/17||Rotational Disks On The Mat||9:00am-11:00am||Gayle Eubanks||$90||02.||Enroll here!|
|12/17/17||Matwork Interval Training Level 2||11:00am-1:00pm||Gayle Eubanks||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
|12/17/17||Athletic Conditioning on the Reformer||1:30pm-3:30pm||Gayle Eubanks||$90||0.2||Enroll here!|
Designed to enhance body awareness, muscular strength, motor control and joint mobility, this workshop takes a fresh look at fascia oriented training through STOTT PILATES® Matwork Flow exercises using ankle tubing. Developed by the movement experts at Merrithew™, learn how to creatively incorporate elastic resistance into a series of Essential and Intermediate exercises. The seamless flowing sequences take you through all movement planes from standing - down to the mat while exercise variations allow for easy progression or regression, making the workout suitable for most fitness levels.
The medicine ball is a staple in any traditional fitness routine. Now, learn how you can use this simple prop to add the elements of intensity and challenge to your Pilates workout. This innovative program developed by the Merrithew™ team, takes tried and true STOTT PILATES® Matwork moves and mixes them up with the portable weight of the medicine ball – resulting in unique variations and dynamic combinations sure to give a boost to any fitness routine.
Get down on the Mat for a workout that’s not for the faint-hearted. Welcome to the full-body workout athletes swear by for sports conditioning, cross training and a strong, injury-resistant core. With this workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, every last muscle will feel this challenging routine that uses Toning Balls™ and innovative exercise choices to focus on precision and control.
The Rotational Disks add variety and challenge to Matwork at any level. Used alone or in pairs, they are perfect for testing balance and stability. In this workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, exercises are performed supine, prone, standing, and kneeling as well as on hands and knees, isolating movement to upper or lower torso. The highly moveable disks create instability, challenging unilateral and bilateral stabilization to resist undesirable movements. They can also be used to allow greater ranges of rotation or lateral flexion through the spine.
Mix up your workouts and maximize power, endurance and metabolic potential with this simple but effective Matwork exercises, developed by the Merrithew™ team. Studies show that in order to continue seeing results, long-time clients need to challenge muscle memory and mix up training methodology. Sticking to the same workout routine may cause them to plateau. Combinations of movements integrate different planes and motor patterns in more intense intervals, and provide more challenge once a level of stability and strength has been established. Incorporate the theories of interval training and even those who doubt the benefits of Pilates will ‘feel the workout’.
This extreme Reformer workshop developed by the Merrithew™ team draws from the unique and challenging exercises from previous athletic conditioning workshops and intensifies them. The result is a series of advanced-level moves that place major emphasis on strength and stability of the upper body. This demanding program is presented more as a collection of exercises that can be woven into any other workout and less as a full workout on its own.